(This is the 1st of many begging-for-help-posts. Enjoy!)
Internets, I need some advice. STAT. My baby shower (lovingly being hosted for me by two fab friends) is next Friday. FRIDAAAAAAY, the 9th. And? I have nothing* to wear.
(Insert high-pitched keening noise coming from where? Oh, me.)
So, since I'll be 27 weeks along, sporting a volleyballish stomach and the guests of said shower will be brandishing cameras and the like, I MUST get a new outfit. Something that says, "I know I'm a snobby and spoilt brat, but I'm really glad you came!" Something that says, 'Green and pukey are the new black!" Something that doesn't scream, "Why yes! I'm pregnant! AGAIN."
I've spent a good part of today looking for something to wear, but since I reside in a city with only two medicore maternity stores, I'm throwing myself onto the virtual feet of My Dear Internet. Would you please, pleaaasssse, puh-leeeze help a poor girl out?
1. I'm thinking a dress.
2. I'm a fan of chunky/unique jewelry, so a busy print might not work.
3. I'm tall (5'9") and will most likely still wear heels. (if you find matchy shoes, you win more points!)
4. The store must have it IN STOCK and have an express delivery option.
5. Price? Preferably under $200.
6. It can't be too short because I'm going to be sitting and I'm sure my guests don't need to view my cervix.
7. The theme colors of the shower are pink and chocolate brown if that gives you any help.
8. It would help if it makes me look HOTT. Also? It's damn hot here right now, so turtlenecks are OUT.
9. It would be nice to be able to wear it again throughout the summer with some flip-flops.
10. I need it before June 9th. Okay? Okay.
1. Will receive a Sephora gift certificate, my undying love** and a big bowl of grits.
2. Consents to me using their name over and over in a gushy-mushy thank you post.
3. Has until Friday, June 2nd to send me their links!
Ready? Set? GO!
*I mean nothing that is not new, baby showerish and makes me feel pretteeeeeee.
**HEY, YOU! Lurker-folk! It's time for y'all to say something besides *crickets*. Mmmm...kay?