LORDY, but it's been a frantic/insane/god-awful week.
1. The husband got the grippe and was dying, y'all, DYING.
2. DEADLINES. DEADLINES. DEADLINES.
5. The oldest son came down with the same aforementioned illness. Much hacking, couching, and general malaise. He, too, is dying.
6. OOH, another deadline! Whee!
7. My smell-o-meter has amped up to Mach 3900 and so has the barfing.
8. Am extremely annoyed.
9. Woke up this morning with earache, stuffy nose and one husband snoring in my ear.
The bright spots of the week:
1. Received lovely package from Lil Miss! Adorable bib, burp pad and twee hat. Thanks!
2. Received my Birthday/Easter/Christmas/Hannukah/Memorial Day/Happy Barf Day box from Sporty! Thanks, girl!
3. Brought the daughter to my midwife appointment on Wednesday so she could hear the heartbeat. The ultrasound report came in and the baby is DEFINITELY a GIRL! Go Vaginas!
4. Went on shopping bender (because you know, I can't fucking have my wine) and purchased fab hotel-y chocoalte brown duvet, charteuse sheets, oodles of baby girl blankies and sleepers, pretty pretty wedgies, two skirts, a new leather club chair and OTTOman and Marian Keye's new book. Which y'all must read. IT'S HER BEST BOOK...EVER.
A digression: Found out that I've lost 23 lbs from excessive barfage. Interesting, huh? Especially because of the two "helpful" asshats who told me to quit whining about my nausea and to get a life. And no, I wasn't a whale before I got pregnant, either, like you so kindly suggested. At 5'9" and in a 6-8, I'd hardly qualify that as whalish proportions. Normal, maybe. And I'm sure the baby got plenty of nutrients from my ass, because it's growing normally despite my weird vegetable obsession and constant barfing of anything that's eaten too early/too late/too bland/too sugary. Fun! So, hey! Thanks for the advice, cos i really feel fine about my shape right now with this large bump sticking out of me and making me all clumsy and shit! Keep those comments coming!